Sunday, November 6, 2011

- The Joy of Giving -


Thanksgiving reminds us to give thanks for the things we have in our lives and to strive for peace and posterity.
People give thanks and share their bounty in many different ways.
Some drop money in the Salvation Army bucket, donate canned goods, purchase toys, coats, hats, mittens, or simply share time with those who need help. We don't need money to shovel a sidewalk for an elderly person, pick up their mail from the mailbox,  or watch a single parents child so they can have time for themselves.
It's all in the spirit of sharing our time and good fortune with those who may be less fortunate.

I always seem to find less and less time to be able do the things for others.
I blame growing older! It just seems to take me more time to do things.
So I found something I could do that would take no additional time, donate my hair!
It takes about 5 years for me to grow out a nice braid to donate to Locks of Love.
http://www.locksoflove.org
These are pictures of my last donation in 2006.





I kept it short for 3 years until 2009 but 

















I am growing it out for my next donation with a few more gray hairs!!
I am thankful to have an abundance of healthy hair that also grows so fast.

Please consider sharing yours if you are able too, it is a small thing to do but means so much to those who need it.
                
                             

William Bradford, in Of Plymouth Plantation:
Thus they found the Lord to be with them in all their ways, and to bless their outgoings and incomings, for which let His holy name have the praise forever, to all posterity.



No comments:

Post a Comment